Beiwe Data Privacy and Security
From Beiwe Wiki
Revision as of 15:41, 19 September 2017 by Beiweadmin (Created page with "== Key security aspects of the Beiwe Research Platform == * Participant names are coded with a unique 8-character Beiwe Participant ID. * Participants will login to the Beiwe...")
Key security aspects of the Beiwe Research Platform
- Participant names are coded with a unique 8-character Beiwe Participant ID.
- Participants will login to the Beiwe smartphone application with their unique ID and password.
- All data collection is tied to the 8-character Beiwe Participant ID (no identifiers like participant name or contact information), and only clinical research collaborators will have access to the master key, which will be stored securely.
- All data is encrypted in transit and at rest. The application will not store data on the participants’ mobile device in an unencrypted form.
- Audio recordings (voice surveys) will be encrypted once recording is complete.
- Indirect identifiers (telephone numbers and IP addresses) will be hashed using an industry recognized strong hashing algorithm, which renders all data unidentifiable.
- No identifiable data will be stored on the mobile device. All identifiers, except audio recordings (voice surveys), will be rendered innocuous by hashing.