Participant Guide for Beiwe App - iOS
Login• To login, you will need to enter the password that you selected at the time when the application was installed and registered in the study at the clinic with the researcher. Then click “Login”.
• You will then be directed to the Beiwe study screen.
• If you enter your password incorrectly, an X will briefly appear on your screen. Attempt to enter your password again.
• If you cannot remember your password, click the “Forgot Password” Button on the main screen. This will take you to a screen that prompts you to call the study staff for the study to reset your password. Just click the “Call Study Staff” button. You will be asked to confirm that you want to place a call. Press OK and your phone will dial out to the Study Staff with the phone number that was entered when the app was installed and registered in the study. Your Patient ID is given on this screen so you can refer to it when talking with the Study Staff, instead of using your name. The Study Staff will give you a new temporary password which you should enter on your screen and then enter your new permanent password and confirm it. Choose a permanent password that you will remember.
• You will be notified of surveys in Beiwe in one of three ways.
- A number will appear in the upper right hand corner of the Beiwe app icon indicating that one or more surveys are waiting,
- Your login screen will indicate that one or more surveys are waiting for you, or
- The Apple Notifications screen will list Beiwe surveys waiting for completion.
• Complete awaiting surveys by clicking on them after logging into the Beiwe app.
• Alternatively, you can click on the Beiwe survey notifications on your login screen or in the Apple Notification screen. When you click on the notification, you will be directed the Login screen. Enter your password to access the survey(s).
• Beiwe notifications will remain in your Notifications screen until the surveys are complete. In case you are not able to do the survey immediately, the notifications serve as a reminder.
• Complete the survey and hit the “Confirm” and “Done” Buttons to submit your answers and exit to the main Beiwe screen. At the main Beiwe screen you will either be able to complete any additional surveys or you will be notified that there are no additional surveys at this time.
Complete audio surveys by clicking on them after logging into the Beiwe app. Audio surveys will prompt you to discuss a topic for a period of time.
• When you are ready, please press ‘Record’ and speak for about 2 minutes.
• Press ‘Stop’ and ‘Save’ when you are finished. Alternatively, press “Play” to listen to your recording and/or press “Re-record” to re-record your message. Press “Save” when you are finished. The recording will stop automatically after 4 minutes.
"Call My Clinician" Button
• Remember, researchers will not review and analyze your data until the end of the study, so if you are ill or in danger and need to speak with your clinician, press the ‘Call My Clinician’ button. The “Call My Clinician” button is available from the Beiwe main screen.
• When you click the button, you will be prompted to confirm that you’d like to place the call then your phone will dial out to the clinician’s number that was entered into the phone during the installation and registration process at the clinic.
Participant Guide for the Beiwe Application
The small “user” icon in the upper left hand corner of the Beiwe Menu allows the following actions:
• Change Password
- Participants are able to change their current password at any time by using this feature.
- The Beiwe app will log you out automatically after 10 minutes for security purposes, but you can also use the “Logout” functionality to log out of the application. You will need to enter your password again the next time you login to complete a survey or use the application.
• Leave Study
- Participants are able to leave the study at any time by using this feature. However, we ask that you please call us before selecting this option.